What wasp is that?
What wasp is that? contains an interactive identification key to the Australasian families of Hymenoptera and associated information on:
- the morphology of the Hymenoptera, including annotated drawings of the morphological terms used throughout the guide and key;
- the families, including images, biologies and defining characters;
the diverse biology and ecology of the group, including parasitism, eusociality, herbivory, pollination, biological control, invasive species and environmental monitoring and conservation;
- the systematics of the Hymenoptera, with current classification, phylogeny and number of described species of Australian and New Zealand Hymenoptera, including introduced taxa;
- a range of collecting techniques for taxonomic purposes and ecological studies; and
- a comprehensive bibliography of published information referenced in the guide.